by Bob Sparrow
I mentally went through every neighbor that lived in the ‘hood or ever lived in the ‘hood when putting the last post together, but apparently the ‘mentally’ isn’t working so well. I was reminded that I change Steve Seeley’s name to Richard Seeley, but other than that I thought I did a pretty good job of being all-inclusive.
Not so fast, sparkler breath, there was a family that I forgot, but I think when I make my case for why I forgot them you’ll understand.
First, here’s a picture of the family I forgot.
Mark & Kathy Johnson, Kristin & baby Brielle Kenny, Brielle and Kristin Overby
Yes, I missed the Johnson family, but we barely knew them; case in point
- We’ve lived in the same neighborhood for over 28 years
- We’ve been best friends for about 27 years
- Our son, Jeff and their son Garrett have been best friends since they were about 6 months old – they’re 28 now.
- Our daughter Dana and their daughter Kristin are the best of friends
- We’ve only been on 20 – 30 vacations together with them
- We attended Kenny & Kristin’s wedding in Mexico a couple of years ago
So I think it’s fairly obvious how easy it was for me to forget about them completely.